Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Monthly TT

Well did the Jolly Roger time trial tonight.

The time trial is on ward line road. We start at Hwy 14 and go to Helms Rd. It is a 12.2 mile ride.

I finished in a time of 42M 33S. Just over 17 mph average. Not too bad. The wind going out was bad. But I was happy to have the hard part be the 1st half. The ride back in was really fast.

The 1st 6 miles was hard. I started off good. But lost a lot of time during the 2nd mile. After the 3rd mile I got in to a grove and made good time. I think my time would have been lots better if I had got in to a better rhythm earlier.
When I made the turn, I dropped it in to the big ring and started to push the speed up. It was a very fast 6 miles back to the finish. My max speed showed a 26.5 mph. I love a good tail wind.

I did this on a pure road setup. No aero gear. Now I have a base line to see how my fitness progresses thru the year. I will be fun to see. They will be doing this once a month.

Well that’s it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment